Business Models and Value Creation (11187.2)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|HECS Bands:||2, 3|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra Business School|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Ben ELLWAY (Ph: +61 2 62015661 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (197585) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
Business Models and Value Creation is a response to the significant disruption occurring in the economy due to changes in organisations and the emergence of new industries that are based upon innovative and entirely different models of business. The objectives of this unit are therefore to equip students with relevant knowledge and skills that will enable them to thrive in this turbulent, uncertain, but exciting environment, which will require a different perspective on organisations and business to survive. Students will learn to adopt a design-thinking approach to the analysis and creation of business models that centralise the objective of how to create value for customers. After completing Business Models and Value Creation, students will be able to navigate the shifting international business landscape.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Assess the different building blocks that constitute a business model;
2. Analyse real world businesses according to patterns in how they create value;
3. Utilise design thinking to create a unique model for an business or organisation; and
4. Strategically evaluate business models.
Three hours of interactive workshops on-campus per week.
11184 Service Management
- MGB107 Bachelor of Business (Service Management)
- MGSC03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Laws
- MGAR03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Arts
- MGIT03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Business Informatics
- MGAR01 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Communication and Media
- MGAR02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Design
- MGIT02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Information Technology
- MGSC02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- SCMG01 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Business