Service Systems, Transformation and Wellbeing (11186.2)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
Band 3 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 5 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra Business School|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Semester 2 DR Naomi DALE (Ph: +61 2 62015480 ) FLEXIBLE
UC - TAFE NSW Northern Sydney, St Leonard's
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Semester 2 DR Naomi DALE (Ph: +61 2 62015480 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's and or the ACT Government’s directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, NSI-SL (197982) - View
- Semester 2, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (197981) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, NSI-SL (191651) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184597) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
Increasingly businesses are focusing on customer and societal wellbeing of an individual, organisation and system through service delivery. This unit provides an overview of understanding how service can create value and enhance wellbeing. Social marketing, Transformative Service Research, Corporate Social Responsibility will be explored, while understanding an organisation's objectives and the service system. Wellbeing will be discussed in detail, examining societal, individual customer and employee wellbeing. Students will utilise wellbeing objectives in their development of recommendations for a variety of organisations from for-profit businesses through to Government Departments and not-for-profit organisations.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Articulate the role of wellbeing and identify how it is utilised to create value for organisations;
2. Identify wellbeing beneficiaries based on organisation's strategies and the service ecosystem it operates within;
3. Utilise ideas and concepts from academic literature related to wellbeing to link to a practical outcome; and
4. Develop a wellbeing project that meets the goals of the organisation, target segments and business model and understand the overarching context in which social businesses operate.
- UC - Canberra, Bruce
- UC - TAFE NSW Northern Sydney, St Leonard's
Three hours of interactive workshops on-campus per week.
- ARMG02 Bachelor of Arts/ Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management
- MGB107 Bachelor of Business (Service Management)
- MGAR03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Arts
- MGIT03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Business Informatics
- MGAR01 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Communication and Media
- MGAR02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Design
- MGSC03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Laws
- MGSC02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- MGIT02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Information Technology
- ARMG01 Bachelor of Communication and Media/ Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management
- MGB401 Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management
- SCMG01 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Business
- 330JA Bachelor of Secondary Education (Health and Physical Education)
- 327JA Bachelor of Secondary Education/Bachelor of Arts
- MGMG01 Bachelor of Sports Management/ Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management