Service Operations, Technology and Interfaces (11185.2)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|HECS Bands:||2, 3|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra Business School|
The Service Operations, Technology and Interfaces unit focuses on the management of service processes and service encounters within organisations, and examines the roles of customers, frontline employees and frontline technologies' in service delivery. Using concepts and ideas from operations management, marketing, information systems, and service design, students will learn how to analyse service delivery and identify problems in traditional and digital service environments, and provide customer-centric recommendations and solutions to enhance service quality and customer experiences. Students will use practical tools such as blueprints and fishbone diagrams to analyse the intersection between customer and service provider and to identify causes of fail points. This unit will help students recognise customer requirements and customer activities related to service consumptions, problems involved in managing a company's digital contact points.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Evaluate characteristics of different types of traditional and electronic service delivery channels and their possible impact on shaping customer expectations and their service experience;
2. Analyse how service standards are established for different aspects of service encounters based on requirements and priorities of the customers;
3. Demonstrate the value of service blueprinting, and learn how to develop and read service blueprints; and
4. Critically evaluate strategies to manage waiting lines and decisions on service facility layout.
One 2 hour lecture and one 1 hour tutorial on-campus per week.
11184 Service Management.
- MGB107 Bachelor of Business (Service Management)
- MGSC03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Laws
- MGAR03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Arts
- MGIT03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Business Informatics
- MGAR01 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Communication and Media
- MGAR02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Design
- MGIT02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Information Technology
- MGSC02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- SCMG01 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Business