Strategic Marketing Management (11183.2)
|Level:||Advanced Unit Level|
|HECS Bands:||2, 3|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||School of Business|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 DR Raechel JOHNS (Ph: +61 2 62012726 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184594) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit extends previous studies and synthesises skills and prior knowledge by drawing on innovation and decision making that are critical for marketers, combining a focus on strategic frameworks and fundamentals in a convergence of traditional as well as digital approaches. As a capstone, this unit integrates marketing strategy with corporate missions and goals with an emphasis on factors that influence the development and effective implementation of marketing strategy in both domestic and international settings in both consumer, business to business and digital market spaces. As part of the unit students compile a portfolio of prior work to market themselves as job ready.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Integrate marketing theory and practice based on prior studies into the strategic marketing management framework;
2. Critically evaluate approaches and techniques that are used by businesses in different settings and identify opportunities based on in-depth analysis;
3. Synthesise how strategic marketing management thinking creates value for stakeholders by engaging in strategic thinking relate to marketing decision making; and
4. Compile a comprehensive marketing portfolio showcasing knowledge and skills.
Three hours of interactive workshops, lectures and individual consultations on-campus per week.
6 credit points from SM0025 Major in Marketing.
- MGB106 Bachelor of Business (Marketing)
- MGSC03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Laws
- MGAR03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Arts
- MGIT03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Business Informatics
- MGAR01 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Communication and Media
- MGAR02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Design
- MGIT02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Information Technology
- MGSC02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- SCMG01 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Business