Strategic Marketing Management (11183.2)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|HECS Bands:||2, 3|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra Business School|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 DR Majharul TALUKDER (Ph: +61 2 62012702 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 2 DR Majharul TALUKDER (Ph: +61 2 62012702 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (198281) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184594) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit extends previous studies and synthesises skills and prior knowledge by drawing on innovation and decision making that are critical for marketers, combining a focus on strategic frameworks and fundamentals in a convergence of traditional as well as digital approaches. As a capstone, this unit integrates marketing strategy with corporate missions and goals with an emphasis on factors that influence the development and effective implementation of marketing strategy in both domestic and international settings in both consumer, business to business and digital market spaces. As part of the unit students compile a portfolio of prior work to market themselves as job ready.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Integrate marketing theory and practice based on prior studies into the strategic marketing management framework;
2. Critically evaluate approaches and techniques that are used by businesses in different settings and identify opportunities based on in-depth analysis;
3. Synthesise how strategic marketing management thinking creates value for stakeholders by engaging in strategic thinking relate to marketing decision making; and
4. Compile a comprehensive marketing portfolio showcasing knowledge and skills.
Three hours of interactive workshops, lectures and individual consultations on-campus per week.
6 credit points from SM0025 Major in Marketing.
- MGB106 Bachelor of Business (Marketing)
- MGAR03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Arts
- MGIT03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Business Informatics
- MGAR01 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Communication and Media
- MGSC03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Laws
- MGSC02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- MGAR02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Design
- MGIT02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Information Technology
- SCMG01 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Business