International Marketing (11182.2)
|Level:||Advanced Unit Level|
|HECS Bands:||2, 3|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||School of Business|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Majharul TALUKDER (Ph: +61 2 62012702 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184593) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit explores globalisation issues for businesses and organisation in a fast changing world economy. Marketing strategies of Australian SMEs as well as Multinational firms are examined using case studies from around the world. Topics include the analysis of multinational trade and Australian business involvement; international marketing strategies and decisions on segmentation, product policy and product planning, pricing, channels of distribution, and international advertising; issues in international marketing research; multi country data analysis and international marketing information systems. The preparation of an international marketing plan enables students to translate theory into practice.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Define, explain and illustrate the marketing principles that are commonly used in the field of international marketing;
2. Explain the challenges that organisations face in different cultural settings;
3. Identify suitable strategies that lead to sustainable competitive advantages globally;
4. Critically analyse the modifications to the marketing mix that are required to be made by businesses and organisations to operate successfully internationally; and
5. Identify and evaluate opportunities for entrepreneurial and indigenous ventures to operate internationally and develop a professional international marketing audit/ plan for this entity.
Three hours of interactive lectures, workshops and tutorials on-campus per week.
11176 Marketing Fundamentals.
- MGB104 Bachelor of Business (International Business)
- MGB106 Bachelor of Business (Marketing)
- MGSC03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Laws
- MGAR03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Arts
- MGIT03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Business Informatics
- MGAR01 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Communication and Media
- MGAR02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Design
- MGIT02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Information Technology
- MGSC02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- SCMG01 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Business