International Marketing (11182.2)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
Band 3 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 5 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra Business School|
UC - Global Business College of Australia, Melbourne
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Semester 1 DR Majharul TALUKDER (Ph: +61 2 62012702 ) ON-CAMPUS
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Semester 1 DR Majharul TALUKDER (Ph: +61 2 62012702 ) FLEXIBLE
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2021, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (204032) - View
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, GBCA-MELB (198950) - View
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (198189) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184593) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit explores globalisation issues for businesses and organisation in a fast changing world economy. Marketing strategies of Australian SMEs as well as Multinational firms are examined using case studies from around the world. Topics include the analysis of multinational trade and Australian business involvement; international marketing strategies and decisions on segmentation, product policy and product planning, pricing, channels of distribution, and international advertising; issues in international marketing research; multi country data analysis and international marketing information systems. The preparation of an international marketing plan enables students to translate theory into practice.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Define, explain and illustrate the marketing principles that are commonly used in the field of international marketing;
2. Explain the challenges that organisations face in different cultural settings;
3. Identify suitable strategies that lead to sustainable competitive advantages globally;
4. Critically analyse the modifications to the marketing mix that are required to be made by businesses and organisations to operate successfully internationally; and
5. Identify and evaluate opportunities for entrepreneurial and indigenous ventures to operate internationally and develop a professional international marketing audit/ plan for this entity.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2021
- Semester 1, 2020
- UC - Global Business College of Australia, Melbourne
Three hours of interactive lectures, workshops and tutorials on-campus per week.
11176 Marketing Fundamentals.
- MGB104 Bachelor of Business (International Business)
- MGB106 Bachelor of Business (Marketing)
- MGAR03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Arts
- MGIT03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Business Informatics
- MGAR01 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Communication and Media
- MGSC03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Laws
- MGSC02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- MGAR02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Design
- MGIT02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Information Technology
- SCMG01 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Business