Marketing Research Methods (11180.2)
|Level:||Intermediate Unit Level|
|HECS Bands:||2, 3|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||School of Business|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Johra FATIMA (Ph: +61 2 62068361 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (189968) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit will introduce students to the complexities of the marketing research process, survey design techniques, the use and sources of secondary data, and the use of qualitative research including focus groups in marketing research. Students will also be introduced to various research techniques including survey research, observation and experiments based on real world requirements.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Identify research problems, develop a research proposal for that problem and recommend appropriate research methodologies appropriate for domestic, international and indigenous business enterprises;
2. Gain the skills needed to conduct a simple marketing research activity independently;
3. Calculate population estimates and parameters and hypothesis testing using SPSS;
4. Design and implement questionnaires; and
5. Provide research results that highlight relevant implications for decision makers.
Three hours of interactive workshops on-campus per week.
11176 Marketing Fundamentals
6372 Marketing Research Methods
- MGB106 Bachelor of Business (Marketing)
- MGSC03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Laws
- MGAR03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Arts
- MGIT03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Business Informatics
- MGAR01 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Communication and Media
- MGAR02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Design
- MGIT02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Information Technology
- MGSC02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- SCMG01 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Business