Marketing Research Methods (11180.2)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
Band 3 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 5 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra Business School|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Semester 1 DR Johra FATIMA (Ph: +61 2 62068361 ) FLEXIBLE
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2021, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (204105) - View
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (197849) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (189968) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit will introduce students to the complexities of the marketing research process, survey design techniques, the use and sources of secondary data, and the use of qualitative research including focus groups in marketing research. Students will also be introduced to various research techniques including survey research, observation and experiments based on real world requirements.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Identify research problems, develop a research proposal for that problem and recommend appropriate research methodologies appropriate for domestic, international and indigenous business enterprises;
2. Gain the skills needed to conduct a simple marketing research activity independently;
3. Calculate population estimates and parameters and hypothesis testing using SPSS;
4. Design and implement questionnaires; and
5. Provide research results that highlight relevant implications for decision makers.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Semester 1, 2021
- On-Campus Activities (Optional) and Online Content (FLEXIBLE)
- Semester 1, 2020
- Semester 1, 2021
Three hours of interactive workshops on-campus per week.
11176 Marketing Fundamentals
6372 Marketing Research Methods
- MGB106 Bachelor of Business (Marketing)
- MGAR03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Arts
- MGIT03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Business Informatics
- MGAR01 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Communication and Media
- MGSC03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Laws
- MGSC02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- MGAR02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Design
- MGIT02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Information Technology
- SCMG01 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Business