Negotiation and Sales Management (11177.2)
|Level:||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|
Band 3 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 5 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra Business School|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Semester 2 DR Majharul TALUKDER (Ph: +61 2 62012702 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's and or the ACT Government’s directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (197910) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184587) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
Negotiation and Sales Management are considered essential skills for being an effective marketing manager. Students will be introduced to the theoretical foundations of negotiation and sales management and develop the necessary interpersonal and communication skills through practical exercises such as negotiation simulations and sales force planning exercises. Topics include negotiation strategies, sales planning including recruitment, training, motivation and compensation of staff as well as evaluation of negotiation and sales strategies.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Describe different negotiation and selling situations;
2. Identify effective negotiations and sales strategies for a variety of business settings;
3. Demonstrate persuasive oral and written communication skills appropriate to a variety of sales and negotiation settings;
4. Compare the key tools of successful negotiators and Identify approaches to sales force management including the use of digital platforms; and
5. Explain and apply ethical issues in negotiation and sales.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Semester 2, 2020
On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- 1. Sales Management and Negotiation Scenario/Role Play (10% )
- 2. Article Review on Negotiation (15% )
- 3. Group Project- Sales Management Strategic Planing (30% )
- 4. Presentation (10% )
- 5. Case Study Analysis (35% )
- On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- Semester 2, 2020
Three hours of interactive workshops on-campus per week.
6413 Marketing Research Project
- MGB106 Bachelor of Business (Marketing)
- MGAR03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Arts
- MGIT03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Business Informatics
- MGAR01 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Communication and Media
- MGAR02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Design
- MGSC03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Laws
- MGSC02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- MGIT02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Information Technology
- SCMG01 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Business