Negotiation and Sales Management (11177.1)
|Level:||Introductory Unit Level|
|HECS Bands:||2, 3|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||School of Management|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2019 Semester 2 DR Majharul TALUKDER (Ph: +61 2 62012702 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 2 DR Majharul TALUKDER (Ph: +61 2 62012702 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184587) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
Negotiation and Sales Management are considered essential skills for being an effective marketing manager. Students will be introduced to the theoretical foundations of negotiation and sales management and develop the necessary interpersonal and communication skills through practical exercises such as negotiation simulations and sales force planning exercises. Topics include negotiation strategies, sales planning including recruitment, training, motivation and compensation of staff as well as evaluation of negotiation and sales strategies.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Describe different negotiation and selling situations;
2. Identify effective negotiations and sales strategies for a variety of business settings;
3. Demonstrate persuasive oral and written communication skills appropriate to a variety of sales and negotiation settings;
4. Compare the key tools of successful negotiators and Identify approaches to sales force management including the use of digital platforms; and
5. Explain and apply ethical issues in negotiation and sales.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Semester 2, 2019
On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- 1. Sales Management and Negotiation Scenario/Role Play (2 Role Play per student) (10% )
- 2. Article Review on Negotiation (Individual) (10% )
- 3. Sales Management Strategic Plan– Group Project (30% )
- 4. Group Presentation (Individual Marks) (10% )
- 5. Final Exam (40% )
- On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- Semester 2, 2019
Three hours of interactive workshops on-campus per week.
6413 Marketing Research Project
- MGB106 Bachelor of Business (Marketing)
- MGSC03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Laws
- MGAR03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Arts
- MGIT03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Business Informatics
- MGAR01 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Communication and Media
- MGAR02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Design
- MGIT02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Information Technology
- MGSC02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- SCMG01 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Business