Professional Evidence (Business) (11173.1)
|Level:||Advanced Unit Level|
|HECS Bands:||2, 3|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||School of Management|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2019 Semester 2 DR Ian MACLEAN (Ph: +61 2 62015285 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 1 DR Ian MACLEAN (Ph: +61 2 62015285 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 2 DR Ian MACLEAN (Ph: +61 2 62015285 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184563) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit has focus on transition into the workforce. The unit is related to applying learning from throughout the whole degree into a final project, reflect on learning and curate evidence of practice from throughout the course. Students will demonstrate the integration of their academic and disciplinary knowledge and skills through significant real-world projects; they will reflect on the value and outputs of their learning through their ePortfolio; and they will demonstrate their understanding of professionalism and career-readiness through disciplinary initiatives.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate career-readiness, a clear professional identity, and insight into the skills, knowledge and personal attributes necessary to meet the standards of performance and practice expected by their profession;
2. Critically reflect on their learning and the development of their skills throughout their course and consider their ongoing development into their professional lives;
3. Critically analyse the impact of individual actions on others in professional business settings and the impact of the profession on society; and
4. Synthesise high-level conceptual and practical understanding and business knowledge to develop useful solutions to real-world problems.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Semester 2, 2019
On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- Reflective Diary ePortfolio (1A. Reflective journal - 10% 1B. Job application based on curriculum vitae developed through the reflective journal - 10% 2A. Reflective analysis - consideration of your reflective journal entries as a whole - 5% 2B. Reflections on your learning and skill development throughout your university course (i.e., your degree program) - 15% )
- Presentation (10% )
- Report (Project plan - 10% Final report - 40% )
- On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- Semester 2, 2019
Two hours of problem based learning with mini workshops on-campus per week.
11171 Professional Evidence (Commerce), 11237 Professional Evidence (Government & Policy) and 7371 Strategic Management.
- MGB101 Bachelor of Business (Entrepreneurship & Innovation)
- MGB103 Bachelor of Business (Human Resource Management)
- MGB104 Bachelor of Business (International Business)
- MGB105 Bachelor of Business (Management)
- MGB106 Bachelor of Business (Marketing)
- MGB107 Bachelor of Business (Service Management)
- MGB108 Bachelor of Business (Sport Management)
- MGB201 Bachelor of Business Administration
- MGSC03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Laws
- MGAR03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Arts
- MGIT03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Business Informatics
- MGAR01 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Communication and Media
- MGAR02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Design
- MGIT02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Information Technology
- MGSC02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- HLMG01 Bachelor of Health Science (Human Movement)/ Bachelor of Sports Management
- SCMG01 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Business
- 688AA Bachelor of Sports Management
- MGMG01 Bachelor of Sports Management/ Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management