Organisational Communications, Culture and Change (11169.2)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
Band 3 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 5 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra Business School|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Semester 2 MS Katie LEY (Ph: +61 2 62068301 ) ON-CAMPUS
UC - Global Business College of Australia, Melbourne
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Semester 2 DR Raechel JOHNS (Ph: +61 2 62012726 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (197990) - View
- Winter Term, 2020, ONLINE, BRUCE (203125) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (187858) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
Students will have the opportunity to engage in a simulated working environment, engaging in business communications with a focus on conflict resolution and negotiation in existing and emerging organisation types. Students will be given the opportunity to develop and practice their communication skills within a simulated business context.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Communicate to multiple cultural groups;
2. Select and justify communication strategies to suit different negotiation contexts;
3. Identify and critique opportunities for conflict resolution within business;
4. Adjust communication types and strategies in response to changing information sets; and
5. Communicate professionally across multiple communication types.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2020
- Winter Term, 2020
One 2 hour interactive workshops and lectures, and one 1 hour online problem based learning activities on-campus per week.
Must have completed 24 credit point.
It is assumed students have knowledge of different business types and structures.
7079 Organisational Performance
- MGB001 Bachelor of Accounting
- MGB101 Bachelor of Business (Entrepreneurship & Innovation)
- MGB103 Bachelor of Business (Human Resource Management)
- MGB104 Bachelor of Business (International Business)
- MGB105 Bachelor of Business (Management)
- MGB106 Bachelor of Business (Marketing)
- MGB107 Bachelor of Business (Service Management)
- MGB108 Bachelor of Business (Sport Management)
- MGB201 Bachelor of Business Administration
- MGAR03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Arts
- MGIT03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Business Informatics
- MGAR01 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Communication and Media
- MGSC03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Laws
- MGSC02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- MGAR02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Design
- MGIT02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Information Technology
- MGB305 Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting and Finance)
- MGB301 Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting)
- MGB302 Bachelor of Commerce (Business Economics)
- MGB303 Bachelor of Commerce (Finance and Banking)
- MGB304 Bachelor of Commerce (Financial Planning)
- MGIT01 Bachelor of Commerce/ Bachelor of Information Technology
- MGSC01 Bachelor of Commerce/ Bachelor of Laws
- HLMG01 Bachelor of Health Science (Human Movement)/ Bachelor of Sports Management
- SCB201 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations
- SCMG01 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Business
- SCAR01 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Communication and Media
- SCSC02 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Laws
- SCSC03 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- SCAR02 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Arts
- SCAR04 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/Bachelor of Design
- SCB301 Bachelor of Social and Economic Policy (Economic Policy)
- SCB302 Bachelor of Social and Economic Policy (Sociology)
- MGMG01 Bachelor of Sports Management/ Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management