The Creative Producer (11144.1)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Arts and Communications|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Susan THWAITES (Ph: +61 2 62015720 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (193795) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (190179) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
In this unit students gain an understanding of the role of the creative producer as they take a project through development from initial idea to targeting markets and trans media opportunities. The unit's emphasis is on developing a project whilst navigating the complex connections between government incentives, business and markets.
On completion of this unit students will have formed into Creative Producer teams. The teams will develop pre-production material, and the 'paperwork' that surrounds a film's market proposal, ready to begin production of their graduating film in the following unit. They will also be able to answer this question, "How many Producers does it take to change a light bulb?"
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Identify and align a project with a market;
2. Evaluate investment and return as it applies to both commercial films and short films;
3. Use technical understanding to produce an investment budget and a production for a short film; and
4. Lead a creative team and foster collaboration in the development of a short film.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2020
- Semester 1, 2019
Two hour seminar on-campus per week.
11139 Short Film Production.
11142 Creative Collaboration and Specialisation in Film Project.
9675 Level 3 Film Project.
- ARB004 Bachelor of Arts (Film Production)
- ARSC03 Bachelor of Arts/ Bachelor of Laws
- ARAR01 Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication and Media
- ARSC01 Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- MGAR03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Arts
- SCAR02 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Arts
- ARMG02 Bachelor of Arts/ Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management