Creative Collaboration and Specialisation in Film Project (11142.1)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Arts and Communications|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 DR Susan THWAITES (Ph: +61 2 62015720 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 2 DR Susan THWAITES (Ph: +61 2 62015720 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184542) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
In this unit students will work in groups to develop and produce a short narrative film. Students are expected to research and target a local or national short film festival, with the aim of completing a film that is eligible for submission. In this unit students are encouraged to further their interest and expertise in their chosen specialization, and as such each student will be required to deliver pre-production documents relevant to their chosen specialisation role.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Work independently and collaboratively to create a short film production;
2. Survey local and national short film festivals and produce the appropriate deliverables;
3. Identify crew roles and prepare pre-production documents from at least one crew specialisation; and
4. Perform a key creative role in the production of a short film.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Semester 2, 2019
On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- Individual Specialisation Research (Report & Viva) There are two sections to this assessment: Part A - Written report of research done (due Wed midnight of Week 5) Part B - VIVA 'exam' held at allocated time in weekly workshop (in either week 5 or week 6) (40% )
- Individual specialisation crew role – quality assessment of the work you did for your group’s short film: (30% )
- Final short film (group work) & Documentation for the Targeted Film Festival (group work) (30% )
- Formative assessment - minor roles research and presentation (0% Formative )
- On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- Semester 2, 2019
Two hour seminar on-campus per week.
11138 Film Tools and Meta-Narrative Vocabulary AND 11143 Documentary Production.
Basic camera operation and operational understanding of a non-linear editing application.
9674 Level 2 Film Project.
- ARB004 Bachelor of Arts (Film Production)
- ARSC03 Bachelor of Arts/ Bachelor of Laws
- ARAR01 Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication and Media
- ARSC01 Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- MGAR03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Arts
- SCAR02 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Arts
- ARMG02 Bachelor of Arts/ Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management