Short Film Production (11139.1)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
Band 1 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021) Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Arts and Communications|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Semester 1 DR Tim THOMAS (Ph: +61 2 62015868 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's and or the ACT Government’s directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2021, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (199258) - View
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (194092) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184544) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
So far we have looked at the filmmaking tools and at film production as a creative process. In Short Film Production students explore mise en scene and discover that everything matters. But before they can do that they must come to grips with acting as a creative collaboration.
In this unit students work in small groups to produce short live action drama productions.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Produce the documentation for pre production of a short film;
2. Analyse the director actor relationship;
3. Critically assess and evaluate different forms, styles and genres of drama production; and
4. Work collaboratively in small creative teams, demonstrating advanced problem solving necessary to produce short drama productions.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2021
- Semester 1, 2020
Semester 1, 2019
On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- Exploring a technique/style 1-2 minute film (individual assessment) with a 500 word rationale. (30% )
- Group Pre Production Material - Screenplay, Script Breakdown, Safety Report, Script Analysis, Schedule and Call Sheet example. (20% )
- Short Film - group project of a specific genre (50% )
- On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
One 1 hour lecture on-campus per week and one 3 hour workshop on-campus for 9 weeks.
11143 Documentary Production.
11138 Film Tools and a Meta Narrative Vocabulary.
9671 Short Film Production.
- ARB004 Bachelor of Arts (Film Production)
- ARMG02 Bachelor of Arts/ Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management
- ARSC03 Bachelor of Arts/ Bachelor of Laws
- ARAR01 Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication and Media
- ARSC01 Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- MGAR03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Arts
- SCAR02 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Arts