Films Tools and a Meta-Narrative Vocabulary (11138.1)
|Level:||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|
Band 1 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021) Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Arts and Communications|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Semester 1 DR Tim THOMAS (Ph: +61 2 62015868 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's and or the ACT Government’s directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2021, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (199156) - View
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (193721) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184538) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
With great power comes great responsibility... in this unit students are introduced to the hardware and software of film production. But they are not just releasing their inner tech-head, before we can deliver a data set to a post-production workflow we must consider how best to serve needs of the story.
In a series of workshops, seminars and screenings students will work in groups as they investigate and apply the theory and practice of cinematography, film-editing and sound.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Effectively and safely engage with digital cinema cameras, and film lighting equipment;
2. Analyse cinematographic productions for technique and story content; and
3. Use technical knowledge to analyse a screenplay for logistics and story and develop strategies to support both.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2021
- Semester 1, 2020
- Semester 1, 2019
One 2 hour lecture and one 2 hour workshop on-campus per week.
Work Integrated Learning
- ARB004 Bachelor of Arts (Film Production)
- ARMG02 Bachelor of Arts/ Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management
- ARSC03 Bachelor of Arts/ Bachelor of Laws
- ARAR01 Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication and Media
- ARSC01 Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- MGAR03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Arts
- SCAR02 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Arts