Films Tools and a Meta-Narrative Vocabulary (11138.1)
|Level:||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Arts and Communications|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Tim THOMAS (Ph: +61 2 62015868 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (193721) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184538) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
With great power comes great responsibility... in this unit students are introduced to the hardware and software of film production. But they are not just releasing their inner tech-head, before we can deliver a data set to a post-production workflow we must consider how best to serve needs of the story.
In a series of workshops, seminars and screenings students will work in groups as they investigate and apply the theory and practice of cinematography, film-editing and sound.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Effectively and safely engage with digital cinema cameras, and film lighting equipment;
2. Analyse cinematographic productions for technique and story content; and
3. Use technical knowledge to analyse a screenplay for logistics and story and develop strategies to support both.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2020
- Semester 1, 2019
One 2 hour lecture and one 2 hour workshop on-campus per week.
- ARB004 Bachelor of Arts (Film Production)
- ARSC03 Bachelor of Arts/ Bachelor of Laws
- ARAR01 Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication and Media
- ARSC01 Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- MGAR03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Arts
- SCAR02 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Arts
- ARMG02 Bachelor of Arts/ Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management