Film Studio, Production Project (11137.1)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Arts and Communications|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 DR Tim THOMAS (Ph: +61 2 62015868 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184537) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This project based unit is the culmination of the Film Major, in which students are encourage to lead production teams as they apply their knowledge and skills to produce compelling short films that engage with the human condition.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Plan and contribute to the successful production of a slate of short films;
2. Maintain production and preproduction documentation for a short film project;
3. Reflect on their specialist contribution to the film production process; and
4. Anticipate and respond proactively to creative and logistical challenges.
One 1 hour introductory seminar, average 8 hours per week self-directed production workshop, and average 15 mins per week mentor/supervisor individual and group session.
11139 Short Film Production AND
11138 Film Tools and a Meta Narrative Vocabulary AND
11143 Documentary Production AND
11142 Creative Collaboration and Specialisation in Film Project AND
11144 The Creative Producer
8145 Major Creative Project
- ARB004 Bachelor of Arts (Film Production)
- ARSC03 Bachelor of Arts/ Bachelor of Laws
- ARAR01 Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication and Media
- ARSC01 Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- MGAR03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Arts
- SCAR02 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Arts
- ARMG02 Bachelor of Arts/ Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management