Illuminated Bits (11136.1)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Arts and Communications|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 DR Sam HINTON (Ph: +61 2 62015090 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 2 DR Sam HINTON (Ph: +61 2 62015090 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184536) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
In this studio-based unit students apply their knowledge and skills in digital media production to build creative cutting-edge works designed to delight, surprise and showcase the potential of modern digital media production. These works may be animation-based, video-based or interactive, depending on each individual's preference, and can be team-based or individual projects. Students are given a lot of creative license to show off their skills, but are expected to plan and scope their work carefully, and to put significant effort into documentation and presentation of the final works.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Plan and undertake a substantial digital media arts project;
2. Document, evaluate and present their own creative process;
3. Respond proactively to a creative challenge; and
4. Interpret and apply skills and knowledge in digital media production.
One 1 hour presentation and contact, and one 9 hour workshops self directed on-campus per week.
11132 Engineering Reality.
11134 Sound Design.
- ARB003 Bachelor of Arts (Digital Media)
- ARSC03 Bachelor of Arts/ Bachelor of Laws
- ARAR01 Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication and Media
- ARSC01 Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- MGAR03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Arts
- SCAR02 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Arts
- 330JA Bachelor of Secondary Education (Health and Physical Education)
- 327JA Bachelor of Secondary Education/Bachelor of Arts
- 328JA Bachelor of Secondary Education/Bachelor of Science
- ARMG02 Bachelor of Arts/ Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management