Illuminated Bits (11136.1)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
Band 1 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021) Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Arts and Communications|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Semester 2 DR Sam HINTON (Ph: +61 2 62015090 ) ON-CAMPUS
UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Semester 2 (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's and or the ACT Government’s directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (195983) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184536) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
In this studio-based unit students apply their knowledge and skills in digital media production to build creative cutting-edge works designed to delight, surprise and showcase the potential of modern digital media production. These works may be animation-based, video-based or interactive, depending on each individual's preference, and can be team-based or individual projects. Students are given a lot of creative license to show off their skills, but are expected to plan and scope their work carefully, and to put significant effort into documentation and presentation of the final works.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Plan and undertake a substantial digital media arts project;
2. Document, evaluate and present their own creative process;
3. Respond proactively to a creative challenge; and
4. Interpret and apply skills and knowledge in digital media production.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2020
- Semester 2, 2019
One 1 hour presentation and contact, and one 9 hour workshops self directed on-campus per week.
11132 Engineering Reality.
11134 Sound Design.
- ARB003 Bachelor of Arts (Digital Media)
- ARMG02 Bachelor of Arts/ Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management
- ARSC03 Bachelor of Arts/ Bachelor of Laws
- ARAR01 Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication and Media
- ARSC01 Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- MGAR03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Arts
- ARB301 Bachelor of Digital Design (Digital Media)
- SCAR02 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Arts
- 330JA Bachelor of Secondary Education (Health and Physical Education)
- 327JA Bachelor of Secondary Education/Bachelor of Arts
- 328JA Bachelor of Secondary Education/Bachelor of Science