Real Time Environments (11135.1)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Arts and Communications|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Sam HINTON (Ph: +61 2 62015090 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 1 DR Sam HINTON (Ph: +61 2 62015090 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (193720) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184534) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
Real-time environments are 3D spaces that can be navigated by a user. While many people would be familiar with these spaces in games, they are also used in a wide variety of applications including simulation and visualisation. In this unit we explore real-time environments by building them in a 3D engine and experimenting with perception and navigation of virtual spaces using different input and output devices. We also engage critically with the technology and its applications to establish its boundaries and creative possibilities.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Evaluate the potential application of real-time 3D, its limitations and advantages, within a disciplinary or practice-based context;
2. Create immersive interactive 3D environments using a 3D engine; and
3. Critique and apply interactive 3D techniques as a tool for simulation or visualisation.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2020
- Semester 1, 2019
One 1 hour instruction, one 2 hour practical laboratory on-campus and 5 hours of technical exercises and readings per week.
11131 Space, Time and Form.
11024 Architecture: History Theory 3 OR 11025 Architecture Studio 4 OR 11133 Character Design and Animation.
- ARB003 Bachelor of Arts (Digital Media)
- ARSC03 Bachelor of Arts/ Bachelor of Laws
- ARAR01 Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication and Media
- ARSC01 Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- MGAR03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Arts
- SCAR02 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Arts
- 330JA Bachelor of Secondary Education (Health and Physical Education)
- 327JA Bachelor of Secondary Education/Bachelor of Arts
- 328JA Bachelor of Secondary Education/Bachelor of Science
- ABB001 Bachelor of the Built Environment (Architecture)
- ARMG02 Bachelor of Arts/ Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management