Sound Design (11134.1)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Arts and Communications|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 DR David SPENCER (Ph: +61 2 62068957 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184528) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
From film to animation and games, sound is an essential part of modern media, yet its importance is often overshadowed by our heavy bias for visual media. In this unit we look at the theory and practice of sound in digital media. Working with modern audio tools and techniques we will develop the skills and knowledge that are needed for the creation, editing and integration of digital audio for stand-alone and mixed media works.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Creatively plan and produce soundscapes and soundtracks in response to a brief;
2. Apply technical skills to record, edit, mix and process sound;
3. Critique and apply principles and techniques of sound composition and design; and
4. Reflect on and analyse sound as a communicative medium.
One 1 hour instruction, one 2 hour practical laboratory and 5 hours of technical exercises and readings per week.
11013 Pixels and Polygons.
11132 Engineering Reality.
7886 Sound Design and Production.
- ARB003 Bachelor of Arts (Digital Media)
- ARSC03 Bachelor of Arts/ Bachelor of Laws
- ARAR01 Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication and Media
- ARSC01 Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- MGAR03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Arts
- SCAR02 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Arts
- 330JA Bachelor of Secondary Education (Health and Physical Education)
- 327JA Bachelor of Secondary Education/Bachelor of Arts
- 328JA Bachelor of Secondary Education/Bachelor of Science
- ARMG02 Bachelor of Arts/ Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management