Engineering Reality (11132.1)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Arts and Communications|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 MR Amr TAWFIK (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184526) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
From photoshopped magazine images to landing alien spacecraft on Parliament House, digital special effects have become a mainstay of visual media. Although the history of the technology predates the digital by many decades, digital technologies have radically expanded the possibilities and ubiquity of constructed images. Through extensive practical application this unit explores the techniques and cultural implications of digital special effects and provides students with a solid grounding in the technology so they can apply digital special effects in their own media works.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Analyse and deconstruct commonly used special digital effects techniques;
2. Identify and apply production techniques for the creation of effects-ready media;
3. Critique and implement a number of commonly used digital special effect techniques; and
4. Debate the socio-technical development of special effects and its role and impact upon the history and culture of the entertainment industry.
One 1 hour instruction on-campus, one 2 hour practical laboratory on-campus, 5 hours technical exercises and readings per week.
11013 Pixels and Polygons.
- ARB003 Bachelor of Arts (Digital Media)
- ARSC03 Bachelor of Arts/ Bachelor of Laws
- ARAR01 Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication and Media
- ARSC01 Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- MGAR03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Arts
- SCAR02 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Arts
- 330JA Bachelor of Secondary Education (Health and Physical Education)
- 327JA Bachelor of Secondary Education/Bachelor of Arts
- 328JA Bachelor of Secondary Education/Bachelor of Science
- ARMG02 Bachelor of Arts/ Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management