Space, Time and Form (11131.1)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Arts and Communications|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Sam HINTON (Ph: +61 2 62015090 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Winter Term DR Sam HINTON (Ph: +61 2 62015090 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (193689) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184525) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
Using industry-standard modelling software, this unit teaches students the principles of creating digital forms in 3D space and how to animate them using simple mesh and object transformations and physical system simulations. With reference to historical and contemporary 3D media, students will explore the creative use of camera placement, lighting, material shaders and rendering techniques to achieve a variety of aesthetic outcomes.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Design and realise forms in 3D using polygonal modelling techniques;
2. Manipulate lighting, materials and cameras in a 3D environment to achieve a desired aesthetic;
3. Animate lighting, cameras, objects and meshes to achieve a desired aesthetic;
4. Identify and critique the requirements and applications of real-time versus pre-rendered 3D contexts; and
5. Critically analyse the history and context of digital 3D construction.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2020
- Semester 1, 2019
One 1 hour instruction on-campus, one 2 hour practical laboratory on-campus and 5 hours of technical exercises and readings per week.
11130 Media Worlds.
7882 3D Animation.
- ARB003 Bachelor of Arts (Digital Media)
- ARSC03 Bachelor of Arts/ Bachelor of Laws
- ARAR01 Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication and Media
- ARSC01 Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- MGAR03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Arts
- SCAR02 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Arts
- 330JA Bachelor of Secondary Education (Health and Physical Education)
- 327JA Bachelor of Secondary Education/Bachelor of Arts
- 328JA Bachelor of Secondary Education/Bachelor of Science
- ABB001 Bachelor of the Built Environment (Architecture)
- ARMG02 Bachelor of Arts/ Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management