Major Project Studio (11120.1)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Arts and Communications|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 MS Lisa FULLER (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 2 DR Jennifer CRAWFORD (Ph: +61 2 62015282 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (195976) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184514) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit is the culmination of the work done throughout the writing major. Here, students conceive, research and begin writing a major work. This could take the form of a novel, a feature-length screenplay, a collection of poetry or short stories, a work of creative nonfiction, or any other long-form project. The unit will incorporate ongoing workshops on the developing project, writing studio time, and seminar discussions on industry-related issues including broader context of their field of practice, approaches to working with editors, planning long-form projects, and proposing major works for publication. The focus of this unit is on the production of the student's own work, a major assessment being an extract of that work.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Identify and evaluate a range of forms that a major written work might take;
2. Develop practices informed by an understanding of larger frameworks in which writing is produced, consumed and circulated; and
3. Begin to plan and develop a major work evolving from self-reflection and peer review of their own writing practice.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2020
- Semester 2, 2019
One 1 hour seminar, one 2 hour practical writing studio on-campus per week and 15 minutes mentoring sessions 2 per semester.
8298 Creative Project.
- ARB001 Bachelor of Arts (Creative Writing)
- ARMG02 Bachelor of Arts/ Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management
- ARSC03 Bachelor of Arts/ Bachelor of Laws
- ARAR01 Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication and Media
- ARSC01 Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- MGAR03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Arts
- SCAR02 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Arts