Professional Evidence (Arts) (11112.1)
|Level:||Advanced Unit Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Arts and Communications|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2019 Semester 2 DR Denise THWAITES (Ph: +61 2 62015733 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 2 (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184505) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit prepares students for professional work in the cultural sector and finalises and reviews your ePortfolio. Through practical activities, such as preparing a grant application, developing a team-based project proposal, and researching a cultural organisation, students learn to relate their discipline specific knowledge to a range of professional contexts. The unit will emphasise the significance of multiculturalism, cultural consumption and globalisation as key influences shaping cultural work in the twenty first century.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate career-readiness, a clear professional identity, and insight into the skills, knowledge and personal attributes necessary to meet the standards of performance and practice expected by their profession;
2. Critically reflect on their learning and the development of their skills throughout their course and consider their ongoing development into their professional lives;
3. Critically analyse the impact of individual actions on others in professional arts settings and the impact of the profession on society; and
4. Synthesise high-level conceptual and practical understanding and arts knowledge to develop useful solutions to real-world problems.
One 1 hour lecture and one 2 hour tutorial/workshop on-campus per week.
48 credit points in a degree.
- ARB001 Bachelor of Arts (Creative Writing)
- ARB002 Bachelor of Arts (Culture and Heritage)
- ARB003 Bachelor of Arts (Digital Media)
- ARB004 Bachelor of Arts (Film Production)
- ARB005 Bachelor of Arts (Global Studies)
- ARSC03 Bachelor of Arts/ Bachelor of Laws
- ARAR01 Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication and Media
- ARSC01 Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- MGAR03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Arts
- SCAR02 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Arts
- ARMG02 Bachelor of Arts/ Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management