Strategic Project Management (11107.2)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Arts and Communications|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 MS Prue ROBSON (Ph: +61 2 62012575 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (198642) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184494) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
Much of the day-to-day work of professional communicators involves managing projects, either informally or formally. This unit provides you with the knowledge and skills to plan and manage communication projects across the not for profit, public and private sectors. In this unit, you will apply best practice project management skills such as scheduling, budgeting, resourcing, risk management and stakeholder liaison to create several of the key planning deliverables needed to implement successful communication projects.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Discuss and appraise best practice project management in the delivery of communication projects;
2. Apply the principles of project identification, scheduling, budgeting, risk management and stakeholder liaison to plan and manage communication projects in diverse environments;
3. Develop and present a project plan and key deliverables to meet the requirements of a client or project brief; and
4. Employ effective teamwork techniques to contribute to the planning, research, and reporting components of a team project, and support and encourage other team members.
- ARAR01 Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication and Media
- MGAR01 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Communication and Media
- ARB101 Bachelor of Communication and Media (Corporate and Public Communication)
- ARSC02 Bachelor of Communication and Media/ Bachelor of Laws
- ARAR02 Bachelor of Design/Bachelor of Communication and Media
- SCAR01 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Communication and Media
- ARMG01 Bachelor of Communication and Media/ Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management