Strategic Project Management (11107.2)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Arts and Communications|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 MS Prue ROBSON (Ph: +61 2 62012575 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (198642) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184494) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
Much of the day-to-day work of professional communicators involves managing projects, either informally or formally. This unit provides you with the knowledge and skills to plan and manage communication projects across the not for profit, public and private sectors. In this unit, you will apply best practice project management skills such as scheduling, budgeting, resourcing, risk management and stakeholder liaison to create several of the key planning deliverables needed to implement successful communication projects.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Discuss and appraise best practice project management in the delivery of communication projects;
2. Apply the principles of project identification, scheduling, budgeting, risk management and stakeholder liaison to plan and manage communication projects in diverse environments;
3. Develop and present a project plan and key deliverables to meet the requirements of a client or project brief; and
4. Employ effective teamwork techniques to contribute to the planning, research, and reporting components of a team project, and support and encourage other team members.
One 1 hour lecture and one 2 hour workshop (or equivalent) on campus per week.
- ARAR01 Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication and Media
- MGAR01 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Communication and Media
- ARB101 Bachelor of Communication and Media (Corporate and Public Communication)
- ARSC02 Bachelor of Communication and Media/ Bachelor of Laws
- ARAR02 Bachelor of Design/Bachelor of Communication and Media
- SCAR01 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Communication and Media
- ARMG01 Bachelor of Communication and Media/ Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management