Organisational Communication (11106.1)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Arts and Communications|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 DR Yoonmo SANG (Ph: +61 2 62012945 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184493) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
How important is organisational communication to organisational success? Why do we trust some organisations but not others? In this unit you will learn about organisational models and explore the essential role of communication inside and outside organisations. You will learn about the challenges and opportunities communication presents in areas such as building efficient and cohesive teams, managing corporate reputation, issues and crisis communication, corporate social responsibility and change management. You explore how organisations engage with their stakeholders and maintain visibility in complex and challenging environments
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Examine the principles of organisational communication and its significance in change management and organisational culture;
2. Understand the global significance of corporate communication, including key aspects such as reputation, issues and crisis management and corporate social responsibility; and
3. Critically apply principles of relationship management and stakeholder engagement in fields such as public affairs, public relations and corporate communication.
One 1 hour lecture and one 2 hour interactive workshop on-campus per week.
9492 Corporate Communication.
- ARAR01 Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication and Media
- MGAR01 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Communication and Media
- ARB101 Bachelor of Communication and Media (Corporate and Public Communication)
- ARSC02 Bachelor of Communication and Media/ Bachelor of Laws
- ARAR02 Bachelor of Design/Bachelor of Communication and Media
- SCAR01 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Communication and Media
- ARMG01 Bachelor of Communication and Media/ Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management