Strategic Communication Research and Planning (11105.1)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Arts and Communications|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Yoonmo SANG (Ph: +61 2 62012945 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 1 DR Yoonmo SANG (Ph: +61 2 62012945 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (193904) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184492) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
All communications programs - whether local community or public engagement initiatives, global corporate campaigns, advocacy or political campaigns - evolve from the identification of goals to the development of creative and strategic responses to achieve these goals. This unit guides you through this process, starting with the basics of research and understanding context and issues and moving through to the strategic and creative responses communicators must craft in order to reach culturally, politically and socially diverse audiences.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Identify and apply key elements of strategic planning, from program development to campaigns;
2. Demonstrate a conceptual and practical understanding of the fundamentals of research and consultation processes that can inform strategy development; and
3. Critique the role of professional communication in community engagement, public participation and democratic engagement.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2020
- Semester 1, 2019
One 1 hour lecture and one 2 hour interactive workshop on-campus per week.
11103 Corporate and Public Communication Foundations
9038 Public Relations Strategy: Issues and Crisis Management
- ARAR01 Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication and Media
- MGAR01 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Communication and Media
- ARB101 Bachelor of Communication and Media (Corporate and Public Communication)
- ARMG01 Bachelor of Communication and Media/ Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management
- ARSC02 Bachelor of Communication and Media/ Bachelor of Laws
- ARAR02 Bachelor of Design/Bachelor of Communication and Media
- SCAR01 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Communication and Media