Corporate and Public Communication Foundations (11103.1)
|Level:||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Arts and Communications|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 MS Prue ROBSON (Ph: +61 2 62012575 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (193905) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184490) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit examines the characteristics of the aligned industries of public relations, corporate and strategic communication and public affairs and how they support the private, public and not-for-profit sectors. You explore the fundamental theories underpinning these industries and their relationships with society and political and economic institutions; you are introduced to the core skills needed by professionals across a range of contexts and will master the core principles of clear communication through visual and written language.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Analyse the basic theoretical paradigms that govern modern corporate and public communication practice and explore how they might fit within diverse political, cultural and social contexts;
2. Understand and apply core principles of writing and developing content for different formats; and
3. Explore the relevance of various ethical and moral codes to the ethos and practice of professional communication, including equality of voice and access, social and civic responsibility.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2020
- Semester 1, 2019
One 1 hour lecture and one 2 hour interactive workshops and problem based learning activities on-campus per week.
9363 Principles of Public Relations.
- ARAR01 Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication and Media
- MGAR01 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Communication and Media
- ARB101 Bachelor of Communication and Media (Corporate and Public Communication)
- ARSC02 Bachelor of Communication and Media/ Bachelor of Laws
- ARAR02 Bachelor of Design/Bachelor of Communication and Media
- SCAR01 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Communication and Media
- ARMG01 Bachelor of Communication and Media/ Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management