Global Brand Communication (11102.1)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Arts and Communications|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 MR Shaun CHEAH (Ph: +61 2 62012057 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184489) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
In this unit you will analyse contemporary issues and their potential impact on international marketing communication in the context of the economic, political, social, technological, and cultural arena. This will involve crossing borders, reviewing methodologies, research, case studies and creative appeals, all within international legislative and regulatory protocols. A key goal is to broaden your knowledge of the global marketing communication while exposing you to the insights and strategies which include diversity and various communication approaches and styles.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Apply communication knowledge and practices in response to global brand communication problems;
2. Analyse the volatile and changeable nature of global communication strategies and their relative value in different markets; and
3. Evaluate the issues facing the global marketplace and their influence on the marketing communication decision-making processes.
One 2 hour interactive workshops and problem based learning activity and one 1 hour lecture on-campus per week.
7839 Transnational Advertising and 6380 International Marketing.
- ARAR01 Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication and Media
- MGAR01 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Communication and Media
- ARB103 Bachelor of Communication and Media (Marketing Communication)
- ARSC02 Bachelor of Communication and Media/ Bachelor of Laws
- ARAR02 Bachelor of Design/Bachelor of Communication and Media
- SCAR01 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Communication and Media
- ARMG01 Bachelor of Communication and Media/ Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management