Stakeholder Engagement (11101.1)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Arts and Communications|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 MS Prue ROBSON (Ph: +61 2 62012575 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 2 MS Prue ROBSON (Ph: +61 2 62012575 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (195359) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184440) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
In this unit you will explore the art of relationship building with stakeholders, including appraisals of partnership formation, analysing undercurrents, and assessing opportunities and threats. You will review various stakeholder engagement frameworks and learn how to manage relationships through strong rapport and enhanced working processes. A review of communication techniques, including resolving conflict and managing expectations, is also undertaken where you will learn how to assess human interaction with key stakeholders and within complex organisations.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Build productive and trusting relationships with stakeholders by establishing rapport and managing expectations;
2. Analyse and evaluate opportunities and threats in relationships with stakeholders, and construct effective solutions; and
3. Execute successful communication strategies, selling, negotiation and presentation techniques with key stakeholders.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Semester 2, 2020
- On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- Semester 2, 2019
- Semester 2, 2020
One 2 hour interactive workshop and problem based learning activity and one 1 hour lecture per week.
11096 Foundations of Marketing Communication OR 11103 Corporate and Public Communication Foundations AND
must have passed 12 credit points.
9018 Agency-Client Relationships
- ARAR01 Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication and Media
- MGAR01 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Communication and Media
- ARB103 Bachelor of Communication and Media (Marketing Communication)
- ARMG01 Bachelor of Communication and Media/ Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management
- ARSC02 Bachelor of Communication and Media/ Bachelor of Laws
- ARAR02 Bachelor of Design/Bachelor of Communication and Media
- SCAR01 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Communication and Media