Marketing Communication Strategy (11099.1)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Arts and Communications|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 MRS Shara RANASINGHE (Ph: +61 2 62012274 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184422) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
In this unit you will both learn and deconstruct the framework and processes involved in formulating marketing communication strategies. By identifying with the role of account planners, you will explore strategy planning tools and develop insights from market research, analysing competitors and profiling consumers. Key to your learning will be in understanding the target in order to develop concepts that unify objectives and consumer needs in industry contexts. This will provide you with a sound theoretical and conceptual foundation as well as a comprehensive overview of the practical processes of strategic planning.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Identify and explain in-depth the types of research and information gathering techniques that are undertaken in marketing communication campaigns; and
2. Deconstruct a client brief and construct an effective creative brief to direct the marketing communication team?s strategic direction.
One 2 hour interactive workshops with problem based learning activity and one 1 hour lecture on-campus per week.
11096 Foundations of Marketing Communication and 11097 Managing Brands.
9484 Advertising Strategy Development.
- ARAR01 Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication and Media
- MGAR01 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Communication and Media
- ARB103 Bachelor of Communication and Media (Marketing Communication)
- ARSC02 Bachelor of Communication and Media/ Bachelor of Laws
- ARAR02 Bachelor of Design/Bachelor of Communication and Media
- SCAR01 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Communication and Media
- ARMG01 Bachelor of Communication and Media/ Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management