Media Analysis and Planning (11098.1)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Arts and Communications|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 MR Dan ANDREW (Ph: +61 2 62012826 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 2 MR Dan ANDREW (Ph: +61 2 62012826 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (195358) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184413) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
In this unit you will explore the broad media landscape and channel planning in lieu of research metrics, proprietary tools (and software), allowing you to demonstrate competence in channel selection to prescribed media budgets and specified time frames. A media plan sets out a systematic process that synchronizes all contributing elements in order to achieve specific objectives. You will learn how to select optimal media platforms while reaching the right audience at the right time to generate desired responses. The planning and implementation of media is a multibillion dollar business which critically impacts communication effectiveness. The knowledge and skill sets acquired throughout this unit will prepare you to face the challenges of today?s complex and fast evolving media landscape.
After successful completion of this unit, learners should be able to:
1. Explain the broad Australian media landscape, review channel selection, and explain the research metrics employed in determining an effective media schedule;
2. Analyse and experiment with target audience analysis, using a variety of media research tools while developing skills in strategic decision-making; and
3. Interpret media industry dialogue, its operation, terminology and components of the media planning process.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2020
- Semester 2, 2019
One 2 hour interactive workshop and problem based learning activity on-campus and one 1 hour lecture on-campus per week.
11096 Foundations of Marketing Communication and 11097 Managing Brands.
9120 Media Analysis and Buying.
- ARAR01 Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication and Media
- MGAR01 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Communication and Media
- ARB103 Bachelor of Communication and Media (Marketing Communication)
- ARMG01 Bachelor of Communication and Media/ Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management
- ARSC02 Bachelor of Communication and Media/ Bachelor of Laws
- ARAR02 Bachelor of Design/Bachelor of Communication and Media
- SCAR01 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Communication and Media