Live and Exclusive: Sports Broadcasting (11094.1)
|Level:||Intermediate Unit Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Arts and Communications|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2019 Semester 1 MR Simon BRADY (Ph: +61 2 62012587 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 1 MR Simon BRADY (Ph: +61 2 62012587 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184393) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit will be a practical introduction to the range of sports broadcasting roles. Studio and field activities will give you hands-on experience in producing and presenting a radio sports show, 'live' interviewing and reporting, sports commentary, and producing sports content for other audio formats such as podcasting. You will produce and present radio sports shows for broadcast on-air and online. The unit will examine the challenges of 'live' broadcasting while adhering to the core principles and legal obligations of journalism: accuracy, impartiality, factual reporting and audience engagement.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Carry out research, interviewing, writing and production skills appropriate for sports broadcasters;
2. Produce high-quality audio work including recording, editing, voice work and 'live' presentation; and
3. Produce and present radio sports shows/podcasts.
One 1 hour lecture and one 2 hour interactive workshop on-campus per week.
11092 Game On: Sports Journalism Foundations and 11093 Sideline Eye: Sports Reporting.
- ARAR01 Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication and Media
- MGAR01 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Communication and Media
- ARB104 Bachelor of Communication and Media (Sports Media)
- ARSC02 Bachelor of Communication and Media/ Bachelor of Laws
- ARAR02 Bachelor of Design/Bachelor of Communication and Media
- SCAR01 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Communication and Media
- ARMG01 Bachelor of Communication and Media/ Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management