Sideline Eye: Sports Reporting (11093.1)
|Level:||Introductory Unit Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Arts and Communications|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2019 Semester 2 MR Simon BRADY (Ph: +61 2 62012587 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 2 MR Simon BRADY (Ph: +61 2 62012587 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184388) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
In this unit, you will become a reporter of 'live' sport. You will learn how to write and produce stories in the various genres of sports reporting such as news, match reports, previews and athlete profiles for mobile, social media and online formats. You will also learn how those genres fit in to the stages of the sports news cycle. As part of developing your news-gathering techniques you will learn how to use and verify a range of data sources. This includes learning how to use interview techniques for a range of reporting purposes.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Write stories in the various genres of sports journalism for a range of publishing platforms;
2. Undertake the practical aspects of covering sporting events;
3. Produce multimedia coverage of sport for a broad range of platforms using text, photos and social media; and
4. Use data sources to find and report on sporting issues.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Semester 2, 2019
- On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- Semester 2, 2019
Three hours on-campus of 1 hour lecture and 2 hour interactive workshop per week.
11092 Game On: Sports Journalism Foundations.
- ARAR01 Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication and Media
- MGAR01 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Communication and Media
- ARB104 Bachelor of Communication and Media (Sports Media)
- ARSC02 Bachelor of Communication and Media/ Bachelor of Laws
- ARAR02 Bachelor of Design/Bachelor of Communication and Media
- SCAR01 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Communication and Media
- ARMG01 Bachelor of Communication and Media/ Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management