Video Live (11089.1)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Arts and Communications|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 MR Scott BRIDGES (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 2 MR Scott BRIDGES (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184365) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit focuses on live reporting, interview and presentation skills and will expose you to a range of video technologies. Emphasis is placed on developing your personality, voice and confidence to speak knowledgeably about unfolding events on camera. Building on your research and interviewing skills this unit shows you how to write, film and edit shareable video journalism stories for different platforms. Working with your colleagues in the TV studio and in the field you will produce and present pre-recorded and live-streamed video programming.
After successful completion of this unit students will be able to:
1. Produce engaging video images and sound, including recording, editing and post production for journalism stories;
2. Develop 'live' video interviewing and presentation skills;
3. Apply journalism ethics, research and verification skills to produce credible video stories;
4. Produce stories as part of a structured editorial process using suggested news and genre formats for target audiences; and
5. Produce video programming collaboratively as a part of a team.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Semester 2, 2019
- On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- Semester 2, 2019
Three hours of interactive workshop on-campus per week.
For students enrolled in ARB102 Bachelor of Communication and Media (Journalism) must complete 11084 Journalism Now & Next AND 11085 Street Stories OR for students enrolled in ARB104 Bachelor of Communication and Media (Sports Media) must complete 11094 Live and Exclusive: Sports Broadcasting.
9036 Video Journalism.
- ARAR01 Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication and Media
- MGAR01 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Communication and Media
- ARB102 Bachelor of Communication and Media (Journalism)
- ARB104 Bachelor of Communication and Media (Sports Media)
- ARSC02 Bachelor of Communication and Media/ Bachelor of Laws
- ARAR02 Bachelor of Design/Bachelor of Communication and Media
- SCAR01 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Communication and Media
- ARMG01 Bachelor of Communication and Media/ Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management