In-Depth: Feature and Specialist Writing (11087.1)
|Level:||Advanced Unit Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Arts and Communications|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2019 Semester 2 DR Greg JERICHO (Ph: +61 2 62012277 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 2 DR Greg JERICHO (Ph: +61 2 62012277 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184285) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
In this unit you will learn to write engaging longer format feature stories exploring topics in greater depth and using multiple sources. This includes writing lifestyle, specialist, and enthusiast styles of longer story telling. To enhance your feature stories for publication online and via social media you will also develop your visual storytelling skills and learn to produce engaging imagery.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Write engaging longer format 'feature' and 'specialist' stories;
2. Apply visual storytelling capabilities to enhance 'feature' and 'specialist' journalism;
3. Critically discuss the history, diversity and importance of 'feature' and 'specialist' journalism and its continuing relevance for target audiences and communities of interest in the digital age; and
4. Gather, verify, and synthesise information from multiple sources as part of an editorial process.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Semester 2, 2019
- On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- Semester 2, 2019
Three hours consisting of an on-campus lecture and interactive workshop per week.
Must have completed 24 credit points to enrol in this unit.
9309 Longform and Investigative Journalism.
- ARAR01 Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication and Media
- MGAR01 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Communication and Media
- ARB102 Bachelor of Communication and Media (Journalism)
- ARB104 Bachelor of Communication and Media (Sports Media)
- ARSC02 Bachelor of Communication and Media/ Bachelor of Laws
- ARAR02 Bachelor of Design/Bachelor of Communication and Media
- SCAR01 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Communication and Media
- ARMG01 Bachelor of Communication and Media/ Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management