Sound Stories (11086.1)
|Level:||Intermediate Unit Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Arts and Communications|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2019 Semester 1 DR Caroline FISHER (Ph: +61 2 62012545 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 1 DR Caroline FISHER (Ph: +61 2 62012545 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184290) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
High quality sound is central to telling engaging multimedia stories. This unit introduces you to the world of audio journalism and telling compelling stories with sound. Students will expand their interviewing skills and craft feature audio stories for online and on air audiences. You will work in production teams to create engaging live radio news and feature programmes broadcast on the university radio station UCFM and published online.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate the basic research, interviewing, writing and production skills appropriate for audio journalists in a range of news media contexts;
2. Understand and evaluate the integral function of audio in a multi-platform story environment;
3. Produce stories as part of a structured editorial process in a team environment using suggested news and genre formats for target audiences;
4. Produce high quality sound, including recording, editing, voice work, and 'live' presentation; and
5. Act in a professional manner that accords with the role and responsibilities of journalists in contemporary Australia and the ethical and legal framework facing audio journalists.
Three hours of on-campus interactive workshops per week.
11084 Journalism Now and Next AND 11085 Street Stories.
9019 Audio Journalism.
- ARAR01 Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication and Media
- MGAR01 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Communication and Media
- ARB102 Bachelor of Communication and Media (Journalism)
- ARSC02 Bachelor of Communication and Media/ Bachelor of Laws
- ARAR02 Bachelor of Design/Bachelor of Communication and Media
- SCAR01 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Communication and Media
- ARMG01 Bachelor of Communication and Media/ Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management