Professional Evidence (Communication and Media) (11083.2)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Arts and Communications|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 MRS Shara RANASINGHE (Ph: +61 2 62012274 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 2 MRS Shara RANASINGHE (Ph: +61 2 62012274 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 2 MRS Shara RANASINGHE (Ph: +61 2 62012274 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (198318) - View
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (198317) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184233) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (190329) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
In this final capstone unit you will draw together the theoretical, practical and professional skills and knowledge acquired throughout your degree and demonstrate this in significant real-world products (projects or research) that are developed and delivered with your peers and academic supervisors for real clients. You will be guided in the transition to your career by understanding where, when and how to apply for professional work and you will reflect on your learning, understanding of professionalism and career-readiness through your e-portfolio.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate career-readiness, a clear professional identity, and insight into the skills, knowledge and personal attributes necessary to meet the standards of performance and practice expected by their profession;
2. Curate evidence of, and critically reflect on, the skills and knowledge acquired throughout their degree and how these will be applied and further developed in their professional lives;
3. Critically analyse the impact of individual actions on others in professional settings and the impact of the profession on society; and
4. Synthesise and demonstrate the conceptual understanding and disciplinary skills and knowledge developed throughout their degree in a significant industry project.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2020
- Semester 1, 2020
One 2 hour workshop/masterclass on-campus and one 1 hour online forum per week.
Must have passed 60 credit points from any course in the Bachelor of Communication and Media program, including 11018 Professional Practice 2: Work Integrated Learning.
- ARAR01 Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication and Media
- MGAR01 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Communication and Media
- ARB101 Bachelor of Communication and Media (Corporate and Public Communication)
- ARB102 Bachelor of Communication and Media (Journalism)
- ARB103 Bachelor of Communication and Media (Marketing Communication)
- ARB104 Bachelor of Communication and Media (Sports Media)
- ARMG01 Bachelor of Communication and Media/ Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management
- ARSC02 Bachelor of Communication and Media/ Bachelor of Laws
- ARAR02 Bachelor of Design/Bachelor of Communication and Media
- SCAR01 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Communication and Media