Creative Thinking G (11070.1)
Band 1 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Design and the Built Environment|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Semester 1 DR Fanke PENG (Ph: +61 2 62012260 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's and or the ACT Government’s directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2021, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (199207) - View
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (193898) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184231) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit introduces methods and approaches for design research and creative thinking as the main drivers in developing the ability to identify the key problems in a given situation. This problem identification represents the opportunities for design intervention and creative solutions to a range of possible scenarios and practical application. The unit also develops the students understanding of design as an iterative process involving models and prototypes to be able to test and evaluate concepts and solutions to a wide variety of identified problems.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Critically analyse and articulate theories behind different creative thinking styles and strategies used in design problem solving;
2. Evaluate and apply creative thinking processes of some of the great creative problem solvers from different design disciplines; and
3. Solve a series of set cross-disciplinary problems in non-linear ways and articulate the processes involved.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2021
- Semester 1, 2020
- Semester 1, 2019
Three hours of on-campus lectures, group work, practical exercises, design critique, reports and seminars per week.
- ARC101 Graduate Certificate in Creative and Cultural Futures
- ARC001 Graduate Certificate in Design Strategies
- ARG101 Graduate Diploma in Creative and Cultural Futures
- ARG001 Graduate Diploma in Design Strategies
- ARM101 Master of Arts in Creative and Cultural Futures
- ARM001 Master of Design Strategies