Information Visualisation (11069.1)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Design and the Built Environment|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 DR Ben ENNIS BUTLER (Ph: +61 2 62012167 ) ONLINE 2020 Semester 2 DR Ben ENNIS BUTLER (Ph: +61 2 62012167 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 2 DR Ben ENNIS BUTLER (Ph: +61 2 62012167 ) ONLINE 2021 Semester 2 DR Ben ENNIS BUTLER (Ph: +61 2 62012167 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, ONLINE, BRUCE (192020) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184200) - View
- Winter Term, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (192509) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
We live in a society that is both information rich and time poor. There is a high demand for visual designers who are comfortable with the world of big data, who can pick out patterns and stories embedded in big data and present it in enticing and informative ways. In this unit students will learn fundamental principles and skills in representing complex data into meaningful visuals, both static and dynamic; that can be quickly digested and understood by a global audience.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Identify and critique key visualisation theories;
2. Select and apply appropriate visualisation techniques through the creation of works that are informative and accurate; and
3. Produce innovative interactive and dynamic data visualisation projects using real-world data.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2019
- Winter Term, 2019
Three hours on-campus of interactive workshops with project based activities per week.
18 credit points from SM0012 Specialist Major in Visual Communication Design AND 12 credit points from CM0003 Core Major in Design.