Information Visualisation (11069.1)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Design and the Built Environment|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 DR Ben ENNIS BUTLER (Ph: +61 2 62012167 ) ONLINE 2020 Semester 2 DR Ben ENNIS BUTLER (Ph: +61 2 62012167 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 2 DR Ben ENNIS BUTLER (Ph: +61 2 62012167 ) ONLINE 2021 Semester 2 DR Ben ENNIS BUTLER (Ph: +61 2 62012167 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2020, ONLINE, BRUCE (195508) - View
- Semester 2, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (195507) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ONLINE, BRUCE (192020) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184200) - View
- Winter Term, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (192509) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
We live in a society that is both information rich and time poor. There is a high demand for visual designers who are comfortable with the world of big data, who can pick out patterns and stories embedded in big data and present it in enticing and informative ways. In this unit students will learn fundamental principles and skills in representing complex data into meaningful visuals, both static and dynamic; that can be quickly digested and understood by a global audience.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Identify and critique key visualisation theories;
2. Select and apply appropriate visualisation techniques through the creation of works that are informative and accurate; and
3. Produce innovative interactive and dynamic data visualisation projects using real-world data.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2020
- Semester 2, 2019
- Winter Term, 2019
Three hours on-campus of interactive workshops with project based activities per week.
18 credit points from SM0012 Specialist Major in Visual Communication Design AND 12 credit points from CM0003 Core Major in Design.
- MGAR02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Design
- ARB203 Bachelor of Design (Visual Communication Design)
- ARAR02 Bachelor of Design/Bachelor of Communication and Media
- ARB303 Bachelor of Digital Design (Visual Communication Design)
- SCAR03 Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Design
- SCAR04 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/Bachelor of Design