Cross-Cultural Design Strategy (11068.1)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
Band 1 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Design and the Built Environment|
UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Semester 2 Mrs Ola PAK (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Semester 2 DR Fanke PENG (Ph: +61 2 62012260 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's and or the ACT Government’s directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (195505) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184199) - View
- Winter Term, 2019, INTENSIVE, BRUCE (192419) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
Cross-cultural design through the understanding of multiple practices and cultural perspectives is essential in the complex global marketplace. Cross-cultural design is the outcome of the transfer of knowledge that occurs when different cultures come together to design solutions to common 'wicked' or complex global problems. This unit looks at creating cross-cultural design strategies for a global audience. Students will prepare in-depth research into cross-cultural social issues to create relevant and culturally appropriate design solutions that explore symbolism, colour, communication and awareness in relation to culturally specific briefs.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Analyse and interpret a cross-culturally relevant design strategy brief;
2. Apply research and analysis cross-cultural design strategies for a global audience;
3. Integrate cultural intelligence in industry relevant applications; and
4. Communicate an innovative and creative idea with clarity and visual impact.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2020
- Semester 2, 2019
- Winter Term, 2019
Three hours on-campus of studio and project based learning per week.
11063 Principles of Typography and Layout
- MGAR02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Design
- ARB203 Bachelor of Design (Visual Communication Design)
- ARAR02 Bachelor of Design/Bachelor of Communication and Media
- ARB303 Bachelor of Digital Design (Visual Communication Design)
- SCAR03 Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Design
- SCAR04 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/Bachelor of Design