Packaging Design and Communication (11067.1)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
Band 1 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Design and the Built Environment|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Semester 2 MRS Mikaela DANVERS (Ph: +61 2 62012167 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 2 MRS Mikaela DANVERS (Ph: +61 2 62012167 ) ONLINE
UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Semester 2 Mrs Ola PAK (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's and or the ACT Government’s directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2020, ONLINE, BRUCE (195950) - View
- Semester 2, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (195949) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ONLINE, BRUCE (192018) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184246) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit examines design elements, forms, materials and applications of packaging design. Students engage in a mix of theoretical and practical production activities to develop critical and applied understanding of communication design for three dimensional application and construction of packaging solutions. The focus of the unit is in using the design process to create practical, commercially appropriate packaging designs.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Adapt fundamental packaging design principles and methods for different contexts and materials;
2. Identify and apply design and production of packaging techniques to communicate design solutions; and
3. Demonstrate expertise in graphic design technology and relevant approaches.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Semester 2, 2020
- All Content is Delivered Online (ONLINE)
- On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- Semester 2, 2019
- Semester 2, 2020
Three hours on-campus of studio and project based learning per week.
11041 Visual Representation Techniques
- MGAR02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Design
- ARB203 Bachelor of Design (Visual Communication Design)
- ARAR02 Bachelor of Design/Bachelor of Communication and Media
- ARB303 Bachelor of Digital Design (Visual Communication Design)
- SCAR03 Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Design
- SCAR04 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/Bachelor of Design