Experiential Graphic Design (11066.1)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
Band 1 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Design and the Built Environment|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Semester 1 DR Raghavendra GUDUR (Ph: +61 2 62012318 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's and or the ACT Government’s directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2021, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (199120) - View
- Winter Term, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (198992) - View
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (193473) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184244) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit explores the role of the signs, colours, imagery, and forms and symbols that we use every day to direct and guide us through our physical and digital environments. This area of study is situated at the crossroads of communications, built environment, digital technologies and industrial design. In this unit students develop skills essential for designing way-finding systems, architectural graphics, signage and sign programs, exhibit design, retail design, and themed or branded spaces. Students will explore the use and historical context of universal symbols and info graphics in both a local and global context as a foundation for creating their own system of way finding for an industry-relevant brief.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Critique and apply principles of way finding and icon design;
2. Adapt design solutions to 2D, 3D and digital applications; and
3. Develop and evaluate a way finding system and produce a guide for its usage and application.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2021
- Winter Term, 2020
- Semester 1, 2020
- Semester 1, 2019
Three hours on-campus lectures and studio based interactive learning activities (problem based learning).
Must have passed 18 credit points from SM0012 Specialist Major in Visual Communication Design AND
Must have passed 12 credit points from CM0003 Core Major in Design
- MGAR02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Design
- ARB203 Bachelor of Design (Visual Communication Design)
- ARAR02 Bachelor of Design/Bachelor of Communication and Media
- ARB303 Bachelor of Digital Design (Visual Communication Design)
- SCAR03 Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Design
- SCAR04 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/Bachelor of Design