Visual Branding and Identity Systems (11065.1)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Design and the Built Environment|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 MRS Mikaela DANVERS (Ph: +61 2 62012167 ) ONLINE 2020 Semester 1 DR Mehves CETINKAYA SENDAS (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, ONLINE, BRUCE (193477) - View
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (193476) - View
- Winter Term, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (191837) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ONLINE, BRUCE (184243) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184242) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit explores the evolution of branding communication and visual logo design globally, which involves design principles; design contexts, project brief and applications integrated into full identity systems. You will create a logo design to communicate the brand identity by contemplating design styles, audience and market segmentation through the ability to showcase the work professionally both to clients and target audiences. Through a combination of research, theory and project work, students engage in a creative program of study focused on the development of contemporary branding practice. In addition, students will apply the understanding of effective contemporary branding, identity systems, logo application to physical objects and digital forms as well as the adaptation of the work to various contexts.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Analyse the contemporary branding approach and the role of graphic designer;
2. Conduct critical research and analysis, and communicate a rationale for design concepts and final logo design to both client and audience; and
3. Develop an identity system and generate a comprehensive identity style guide for various media applications.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2020
- Winter Term, 2019
Semester 1, 2019
- All Content is Delivered Online (ONLINE)
- On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
On-campus mode: Three hours of online lectures, on-campus studio and project based learning activities per week. Online mode: Three hours of online lectures and tutorials, forum discussions and project based activities per week.
11041 Visual Representation Techniques AND
11062 Visual Communication Theory and Principles
8601 Identity Systems.