Design for Digital Contexts (11064.1)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
Band 1 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Design and the Built Environment|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Semester 1 MRS Mikaela DANVERS (Ph: +61 2 62012167 ) ONLINE 2021 Semester 1 MRS Mikaela DANVERS (Ph: +61 2 62012167 ) ON-CAMPUS
UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Semester 1 Mrs Ola PAK (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's and or the ACT Government’s directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2021, ONLINE, BRUCE (199117) - View
- Semester 1, 2021, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (204234) - View
- Semester 1, 2021, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (199116) - View
- Semester 1, 2020, ONLINE, BRUCE (193472) - View
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (193471) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ONLINE, BRUCE (192013) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184241) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit considers how principles of visual communication design can be applied within digital contexts. Students will obtain a theoretical understanding of the digital design process and learn how to utilise emerging development methodologies whilst producing highly creative and innovative digital prototypes. This process of development will allow students to understand the fundamental connection between the underlying code and the digital work a user can experience and interact with.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Identify and critique digital design processes and development methodologies;
2. Adapt and apply visual communication design techniques to new digital contexts; and
3. Produce creative and innovative digital prototypes to solve conceptual and real-world design problems.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2021
- Semester 1, 2020
Semester 1, 2019
- All Content is Delivered Online (ONLINE)
- On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank
Three hours on-campus of interactive workshops with project based activities per week.
11062 Visual Communication Theory and Principles AND
11063 Principles of Typography and Layout
Work Integrated Learning
- MGAR02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Design
- ARB203 Bachelor of Design (Visual Communication Design)
- ARAR02 Bachelor of Design/Bachelor of Communication and Media
- ARB303 Bachelor of Digital Design (Visual Communication Design)
- SCAR03 Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Design
- SCAR04 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/Bachelor of Design