Visual Communication Theory and Principles (11062.1)
|Level:||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Design and the Built Environment|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2019 Semester 2 MRS Mehves CETINKAYA SENDAS (Ph: ) ONLINE 2019 Semester 2 MRS Mehves CETINKAYA SENDAS (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 2 MRS Mehves CETINKAYA SENDAS (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit introduces ways visual language can be used to convey ideas, information and messages in the fields of communication, interaction and industrial design. During the course of study students learn different theories of visual communication: including human perception, psychology of colour, and principles of design. Consequently, students will engage in applying different theories in designing and evaluating visual content through a series of assignments.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Identify functions of visuals in communication;
2. Develop visualisation skills and techniques for solving visual communication problems; and
3. Identify concepts in the psychology of perception, colour theory, cognition and aesthetics and their relation to visual design and communication.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Semester 2, 2019
- All Content is Delivered Online (ONLINE)
- On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- Semester 2, 2019
Three hours on-campus studio and project based learning activity per week.
8602 Introduction to Graphic Design Practice.
- MGAR02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Design
- ARB203 Bachelor of Design (Visual Communication Design)
- ARAR02 Bachelor of Design/Bachelor of Communication and Media
- SCAR03 Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Design
- SCAR04 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/Bachelor of Design
- 330JA Bachelor of Secondary Education (Health and Physical Education)
- 327JA Bachelor of Secondary Education/Bachelor of Arts
- 328JA Bachelor of Secondary Education/Bachelor of Science