Front-end Web Design (11056.1)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Design and the Built Environment|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Ben ENNIS BUTLER (Ph: +61 2 62012167 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 1 DR Ben ENNIS BUTLER (Ph: +61 2 62012167 ) ONLINE 2020 Winter Term DR Ben ENNIS BUTLER (Ph: +61 2 62012167 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Winter Term, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (194880) - View
- Semester 1, 2020, ONLINE, BRUCE (193468) - View
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (193466) - View
- Winter Term, 2019, ONLINE, BRUCE (192042) - View
- Winter Term, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (192041) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ONLINE, BRUCE (192011) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (192039) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit introduces students to front-end web design concepts, skills and theories. Students explore a mix of theoretical and practical front-end techniques and concepts, including usability, accessibility, responsive design, frameworks and designing for a content management system. This hands-on unit will provide students with a solid understanding of the web design industry and of modern and emerging web design techniques and practices.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Identify and critique a range of front-end web design concepts, skills and theories;
2. Experiment with the creation of web-based interactive interfaces using appropriate concepts and techniques; and
3. Review and evaluate appropriate development methodologies in the creation of interactive works.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Winter Term, 2020
- Semester 1, 2020
- Winter Term, 2019
- Semester 1, 2019
Three hours of flexible interactive workshops consisting of discussion and project-based activities per week.
- MGAR02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Design
- ARB202 Bachelor of Design (Interaction Design)
- ARAR02 Bachelor of Design/Bachelor of Communication and Media
- SCAR03 Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Design
- SCAR04 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/Bachelor of Design
- 330JA Bachelor of Secondary Education (Health and Physical Education)
- 327JA Bachelor of Secondary Education/Bachelor of Arts
- 328JA Bachelor of Secondary Education/Bachelor of Science