Design for High-Complexity (11053.1)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Design and the Built Environment|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2019 Semester 2 DR Eddi PIANCA (Ph: +61 2 62012581 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 2 DR Eddi PIANCA (Ph: +61 2 62012581 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184275) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit builds on previous units and places emphasis on the relationship between the industrial designer and the design for manufacture industry. You will study the way design responds to marketing theory and practice and the influence on product development. Design project/s are the vehicle for developing design solutions in response to more complex range of criterion which may include marketing, ergonomics, production engineering parameters and issues of sustainability and their effects on society. Design outcomes are developed employing relevant digital media, virtual modelling techniques and the application of suitable materials and manufacturing processes.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Critically evaluate and apply a variety of issues involved in the design development;
2. Professionally present design solution using appropriate selection of written, graphic, digital and oral communication;
3. Critically evaluate the way design responds to marketing theory and practice, including the influence on product development; and
4. Synthesise complete process of product development for manufacture.
Three hours of on-campus Studio and Computer Labs per week.
11050 Design for Medium-Complexity.
For students enrolled in ARB201 Bachelor of Design (Industrial Design) the co-requisite is 11045 Professional Evidence (Design).
8958 Graduation Studio (Industrial Design).
- MGAR02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Design
- ARB201 Bachelor of Design (Industrial Design)
- ARAR02 Bachelor of Design/Bachelor of Communication and Media
- SCAR03 Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Design
- SCAR04 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/Bachelor of Design
- 330JA Bachelor of Secondary Education (Health and Physical Education)
- 327JA Bachelor of Secondary Education/Bachelor of Arts
- 328JA Bachelor of Secondary Education/Bachelor of Science