Materials and Processes - Advanced (11052.1)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Design and the Built Environment|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Eddi PIANCA (Ph: +61 2 62012581 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 1 DR Eddi PIANCA (Ph: +61 2 62012581 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (193460) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184245) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit explores material structures, materials' interaction with the environment, and advanced composite materials as they relate to product design for manufacture. The unit also provides additional design guidelines for various manufacturing processes and awareness of sustainability factors, including social, and environmental responsibility. Knowledge and skills will be acquired through design projects requiring problem solving and creative design solutions with the design process as the driving principle.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Identify, analyse and evaluate material selection, corrosion issues in relation to the design of specific products;
2. Apply knowledge of composite/advanced materials and manufacturing processes through the design and testing of specific products;
3. Critically reflect on the design, selection of materials and manufacturing process; and
4. Critically analyse and evaluate design guidelines for manufacturing processes including guidelines on sustainability and environmental responsibility.
- UC - Canberra, Bruce
Three hours of on-campus lectures, problem based learning and digital materials workshop practicums per week.
11051 Materials and Processes.
Advanced design process and design communication skills.
8967 Materials and Process 2.
- MGAR02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Design
- ARB201 Bachelor of Design (Industrial Design)
- ARAR02 Bachelor of Design/Bachelor of Communication and Media
- SCAR03 Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Design
- SCAR04 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/Bachelor of Design
- 330JA Bachelor of Secondary Education (Health and Physical Education)
- 327JA Bachelor of Secondary Education/Bachelor of Arts
- 328JA Bachelor of Secondary Education/Bachelor of Science