Design for Medium-Complexity (11050.1)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Design and the Built Environment|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 DR Eddi PIANCA (Ph: +61 2 62012581 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184278) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit further refines the design process as the central creative activity in problem solving within industrial design practice. It aims to achieve an intermediate level of competence in three-dimensional design. Emphasis is placed on the importance of understanding and responding to multiple criteria when providing design solutions, including preliminary research for design techniques and further development in the use of appropriate three dimensional digital technologies to inform and communicate design outcomes. You may work independently and/or as part of a team. Design projects increase in physical scale and/or complexity of the design problems, as compared to previous projects and units.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Apply research techniques and skills relevant to create design solutions;
2. Determine and apply appropriate design methodologies applicable to product design of intermediate level complexity;
3. Use appropriate communication methods to propose design solutions which consider increasing levels of complexity related to design for manufacture; and
4. Work independently and/or as part of a team to produce design solutions.
Three hours of on-campus Studio and Computer Lab problem based learning per week.
11046 Industrial Design Fundamentals
Product design sketching, basic model making skills, and 3D digital design software and application skills.
9977 Design Studio 4, 9978 Design Studio 5.
- MGAR02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Design
- ARB201 Bachelor of Design (Industrial Design)
- ARAR02 Bachelor of Design/Bachelor of Communication and Media
- SCAR03 Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Design
- SCAR04 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/Bachelor of Design
- 330JA Bachelor of Secondary Education (Health and Physical Education)
- 327JA Bachelor of Secondary Education/Bachelor of Arts
- 328JA Bachelor of Secondary Education/Bachelor of Science