Industrial Design Fundamentals (11046.1)
|Level:||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Design and the Built Environment|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Eddi PIANCA (Ph: +61 2 62012581 ) ON-CAMPUS
UC - University of Canberra College, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 UC College Trimester 1 MR James YOUNG (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 UC College Trimester 2 MR Gowrie WATERHOUSE (Ph: +61 2 62012595 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (193462) - View
- UC College Trimester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, UCC-BRUCE (192477) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184262) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This studio presents a series of exercises that introduce students to basic elements and principles of 2-dimensional and 3-dimensional design. Form and visual languages are approached from various points of view to encourage innovation and creativity. Design process, composition and communication skills are learned through exploration of diverse materials and techniques. The design process is experienced as an iterative practice of thinking, drawing and making.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Explore and apply the elements and principles of design to develop compositions in 2 and 3 dimensions;
2. Identify and utilise basic design principles and creative processes; and
3. Communicate design solutions and ideas effectively using design terminology and a variety of presentation techniques and materials.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Semester 1, 2020
- On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- Semester 1, 2019
- Semester 1, 2020
- UC - University of Canberra College, Bruce
Three hours of on-campus studio and project based learning per week.
8314 Design Studio 1.1 or 8322 Visual Representation.
- MGAR02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Design
- ARB201 Bachelor of Design (Industrial Design)
- ARAR02 Bachelor of Design/Bachelor of Communication and Media
- SCAR03 Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Design
- SCAR04 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/Bachelor of Design
- 330JA Bachelor of Secondary Education (Health and Physical Education)
- 327JA Bachelor of Secondary Education/Bachelor of Arts
- 328JA Bachelor of Secondary Education/Bachelor of Science
- 199JA Diploma of Design
- 346JA Diploma of Design (Extended)