Professional Evidence (Design) (11045.2)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
Band 1 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Design and the Built Environment|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Semester 2 MRS Mikaela DANVERS (Ph: +61 2 62012167 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's and or the ACT Government’s directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (198320) - View
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (198319) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184251) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184250) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
In this unit students will work on the relationship between the designer, research and design for professional practice. Students will engage in high-level design projects in collaboration with external stakeholders as a means of developing design solutions that respond to users, business, industry and issues of sustainability and their effects on society. Professional ethics and responsibility are also integral to this unit and projects. Students will demonstrate the integration of their academic and disciplinary knowledge and skills through significant projects and/or exhibitions. They will reflect on the value and outputs of their learning through their e-portfolio; and they will demonstrate their understanding of professionalism and career-readiness through disciplinary initiatives.
This unit may be co taught with specialisation units (11053 Design for High Complexity, 11066 Experiential Graphic Design or 11060 Designing for Data informed user experience).
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Critically identify issues involved in developing and responding to a working design brief;
2. Design, detail and document a design solution as appropriate to the context;
3. Present a design solution using a range of appropriate written, graphic, digital and oral communication skills;
4. Synthesise and apply professional ethics and responsibilities;
5. Evaluate their career-readiness, professional identity, and insight into the skills, knowledge and personal attributes necessary to meet the standards of performance and practice expected by the Design professions;
6. Curate evidence of, and critically reflect on, the skills and knowledge acquired throughout their degree and how these will be applied and further developed in their professional lives;
7. Critically analyse the impact of individual actions on others in professional Design settings and the impact of the profession on society; and
8. Synthesise and demonstrate the conceptual understanding and disciplinary skills and knowledge developed throughout their degree in a significant industry project.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2020
- Semester 1, 2020
Three hours on-campus studio per week.
This unit is only available to students in a Bachelor of Design course.
Students must have passed 60 credit points, including unit 11018 Professional Practice 2: Work Integrated Learning.
11019 Professional Evidence (Built Environment).
- MGAR02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Design
- ARB201 Bachelor of Design (Industrial Design)
- ARB202 Bachelor of Design (Interaction Design)
- ARB203 Bachelor of Design (Visual Communication Design)
- ARAR02 Bachelor of Design/Bachelor of Communication and Media
- SCAR03 Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Design
- SCAR04 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/Bachelor of Design