Interior Architecture Studio: Habitation (11028.1)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Design and the Built Environment|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 MISS Lyn NORTON (Ph: +61 2 62012167 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 1 MISS Lyn NORTON (Ph: +61 2 62012167 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (193980) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184192) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
In this design studio unit students develop skills and knowledge in the areas of site analysis, client engagement, domestic typologies and space planning. Students incorporate these skills with the research and design methods obtained from previous studios to develop cohesive design projects. Additionally, students learn to experiment with design thinking as a means of developing their design approach. This studio has an emphasis on well-considered and crafted outcomes set within domestic environments.
Methodologically, this unit comprises design studios, and interactive lectures and design tutorials. The interactive lectures and tutorials unpack contemporary and historical case studies and theoretical frameworks concerning domestic typologies.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Develop formal and informal experimentation methods within a design context;
2. Analyse approaches to event, programme and spatial organisation;
3. Develop and review individual design intuition and spatial creativity;
4. Develop and apply a rigorous iterative method-based design process;
5. Engage in the realisation and presentation of design concepts across four dimensions; and
6. Apply theoretical frameworks to build a reflective approach to the development of design ideas.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2020
- Semester 1, 2019
One 1 hour lecture on-campus and one 2 hour studio on-campus per week.
11020 BE: Design Studio.
The requisite skills and knowledge acquired during first year study of the Bachelor of the Built Environment degrees.
9777 Design Studio 2.1 (Architecture).